I asked my dear friend Melissa from Truly Chic Inspirations to write a post for my site regarding entertaining, a passion of hers that she has turned into a business! She decided to do a Top 10 Must Haves for Entertaining. Here, in her own words, is Melissa!
- White serving dish – Having a white dish gives more attention to the food that was prepared. Plus, white dishes give a crisp and clean look.
- Fresh Flowers – A quick trip to the grocery store to pick up fresh flowers can help create a centerpiece.
- Fabric Napkins – Having a set of fabric napkins on hand for those special guests will give a touch of restaurant style, while in a comfy home.
- Music – Set the tone of the event with music. For example, playing soft music during a dinner party helps to heighten the theme of the dinner and the evening.
- Ice Bucket/Wine Chiller – To help things run smooth for your guests giving them access to ice & drinks is considerate and less work on the hostess, that is until it is refill time.
- Candles - Having candles on hand for any home entertaining event is an important must have. Different shape, sizes, vases, and scents bring amazing decor.
- Wine Glasses – A set of wine glasses are idea for any gathering, dinner part, cocktail hour, girls night, etc.
- Games – Board games, card games, & trivia are not only ice breakers but a blast to play together.
- Table cloth OR Place mat setting – Having a table cloth on hand helps to “dress” an area.
- Dessert! – After dinner, just because, or to celebrate, guests love to enjoy dessert.
Thanks for sharing, Melissa! Would you like to be a guest contributor on A Sweet Spot: Home? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.