This weekend, like most of you, I’m sure, my family and I got together to celebrate Father’s Day. I was in charge of making the dessert and I knew I didn’t want to heat up my kitchen with something that had to bake, so I decided to throw together this No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. I’d seen recipes like it online before, but had never tried it myself, so I decided to give it a try…and luckily, it worked out well!
- 24 Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 jars of Smucker's Chocolate Fudge (NOT hot fudge)
- 1 container of whipped topping
- 2 rows of crushed mint Oreos
- For this recipe, you'll need a 9x13 pan. Follow the layers below and put in your freezer to set! It's so easy, the most time consuming part is unwrapping all the sandwiches!
- Layer 1: 12 ice cream sandwiches (You'll have to do a little cutting and configuring!)
- Layer 2: chocolate fudge
- Layer 3: crushed Oreos
- Layer 4: whipped topping
- Layer 5: 12 ice cream sandwiches
- Layer 6: chocolate fudge
- Layer 7: crushed Oreos
My husband was a happy man when I got to try this…and his mind immediately starting buzzing with ideas of different ways we could mix up this recipe. I have a feeling I’ll be making lots of different ice cream cakes this summer!