It’s Friday, the happiest of all days for me! So, in honor of my great mood, I’m sharing my favorite appetizer. Caprese Bruschetta is great to serve during the summertime when enjoying fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. Because it’s been raining here practically non-stop for weeks, I haven’t been able to plant my garden yet, so I had to settle for grocery store cherry tomatoes and basil. Not ideal, but still really tasty!
This “recipe” really couldn’t be simpler. It’s basically just assembling the ingredients, and the only cooking you have to do is grilling the slices of bread…super simple.
cherry tomatoes, quartered
mozzarella cheese, cubed
butter, for baguette
salt and pepper
1. Slice your baguette and spread both sides with butter. Grill over medium heat until browned.
2. In a bowl, add cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
3. Drizzle cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese with olive oil and then add chopped basil.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This can be made ahead of time, as the flavor improves with time.
5. Spoon cherry tomato mixture over sliced bread and serve.
I didn’t include amounts in this because it’s really up to your preferences. I prefer more mozzarella cheese than some people may, so I used one container of cherry tomatoes and half a package of mozzarella cheese (not shredded). You can’t mess up this recipe, so tailor it to suit your preferences!
Here’s a pinnable image if you want to save this recipe for later.
Have a great weekend!