Let’s all just agree that the holidays can be a little crazy, shall we?
Between all the presents and the wrapping and the parties and the decorating…things can get out of hand before we even know what’s happened. Then, you throw in making the perfect sweets for the holidays, and you’ve got the recipe for trouble.
But, rest assured, friends, I’ve got you covered. This Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Sauce is perfect to keep on hand during the holidays. It’s something you can make ahead, store in your refrigerator, and heat up when you need it. And the best part, it will make the recipes you can make with your eyes closed taste even better. Brownies, chocolate bundt cake, even ice cream will taste better with this sauce. Don’t feel like baking? Buy a pound cake from the store and pair it with this sauce.
Because, really, the holidays bring enough stress on their own, don’t they? Who says we need to add any more unnecessarily?
I came across this basic chocolate sauce recipe on David Lebovitz’s site and knew it looked like a winner. I tried it, and it was. So, I figured that I’d jazz it up a little for the holidays. Because even chocolate sauce likes to feel special at Christmas.
By adding some Maxwell House coffee (which you can now purchase for a special price at Target!) and peppermint extract, I turned this delicious chocolate sauce into one that rivals drinks from my favorite coffeehouses. Delicious.
So, give it a try this holiday season when you have a few minutes. I’m sure you’ll even have most of the ingredients on hand.
PEPPERMINT MOCHA CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1tsp – 1 tbl Maxwell House coffee
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, sugar, corn syrup, and cocoa powder until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add semi-sweet chocolate, Maxwell House coffee, and peppermint extract. To use the coffee simply to bring out the flavor of the chocolate, use 1 teaspoon. If you really want to taste the coffee, use 1 tablespoon. For the peppermint extract, I’ve found that they vary from brand to brand. Start with 1/4 teaspoon and add more if the flavor isn’t strong enough for you.
- Allow to cool and thicken for a couple of hours and enjoy!
Now, for a limited time, some of your favorite Kraft brand products are on sale at Target. If you buy items like Kraft Shredded Cheese, Kraft® Shredded Cheese, Kraft® Natural Cheese Slices, Maxwell House® Coffee, Gevalia® Coffee, Capri Sun® Juice Drink, MiO® Liquid Water Enhancer, Kraft® Mayo, Miracle Whip® Dressing, Kraft® Salad Dressing, Planters® Peanut Butter, or Kraft Recipe Makers® Meal Starter head to this link to snag your coupons…and then head on out to Target and start saving!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.