My husband is not really a rom com kind of guy.
And if I’m being completely honest, I’m not really a rom com kind of girl. Too much sappiness makes me uncomfortable, so I tend to stick with the movies that are more com than rom….if that makes sense.
That being said, we do have a yearly tradition in this house. One night at Christmastime, after the children have gone to bed, we watch my favorite Christmas movie together.
So funny and lovely, I absolutely adore this movie. Especially Hugh Grant. But, I always adore Hugh Grant…which I realize kind of negates my previous comment about not liking rom-coms.
Movie night just isn’t movie night without snacks, right? While we’re usually pretty easy going about our snack choices, I thought I’d share some suggestions for snacks that would be fun to try for your holiday movie watching night.
Popcorn and adult beverages…sound good, right?
I chose to make some Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn for a festive holiday treat that is really simple to make. With just a little bit of planning ahead, you can have a super tasty treat that will make your holiday movie watching all the more festive.
Tasty popcorn, check.
Tasty adult beverages, check.
I chose this Cordon Negro Sweet Cuvee from Freixenet because it’s delicious, refreshing, and smooth….and it’s bubbly, which I love.
This wine goes really well with so many cuisines, from oysters and seafood to desserts…it even goes super well with things like pizza and popcorn. (Thankfully!)
Want the recipe on how you can make this simple Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn?
I’m there for you, friends.
Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- 1 cup uncooked popcorn kernels
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Peppermint Crunch Bits
- Mallow Bits Marshmallows (optional, but delicious)
- On a stovetop, using one tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 cup popcorn kernels, pop the popcorn.
- While popcorn is popping, pour semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and add peppermint extract and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for one minute, stirring several times. Stir until melted.
- Spread popped popcorn onto waxed paper.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, then sprinkle on Peppermint Crunch Bits and Mallow Bits.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Once the chocolate has set, you’re ready to enjoy! (You can speed this process along by setting the popcorn in the refrigerator for a few minutes.)
Who says the holidays are the only time for bubbles? Make it your resolution to sparkle 365 days of the year with Freixenet cavas. Our sparkling wines come in a variety of different styles to suit any moment or mood. Cordon Negro Brut, our classic Black Bottle Bubbly, is great as an aperitif before a night out on the town or at home with takeout pizza. Our brand new Cordon Negro Sweet Cuvee is the perfect match for brunch favorites like pancakes and eggs benedict. Visit FreixenetUSA.com for more information about where to buy Freixenet sparkling wines and learn how you could win a 2-year lease on a new 2013 MINI Cooper.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Freixenet. The opinions and text are all mine.